Recipe by ~*Sue*~Chef
I grew up eating Rotel dip and have always made it the traditional way until a friend told me about this method. It is so easy to make smooth rotel dip that will stay creamy even after refrigeration. The secret is to heat the Rotel tomatoes instead of the cheese.
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Rotel tomatoes (do not drain) in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high until scalding hot, about 3-5 minutes. (Time may vary depending on microwave.).
- Cube Velveeta and place in a blender.
- Add garlic powder, cumin and scalding hot rotel.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Feel free to adjust spices & amounts to suit your taste, just don't forgo the method.
- Serve with you favorite chips.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.