Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This pie is really good!!!
Top Review by Lucas M.
I've made this twice and both times it tasted great. However, it wouldn't set either time that I made it. I feel like I'm probably doing something wrong since I doubt it should have the consistency of pudding, but I'm not sure what. The only thing I can think of that might fix it is possibly whipping the cream but the recipe specifically says not to.
- 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 (11 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (preferably Key lime juice)
- green food coloring (optional)
- 9 inches prepared graham cracker crusts (store-bough or homemade)
- whipped cream or Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- lime slice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine the whipping cream with the white chocolate baking chips over low heat; cook 5 minutes or until the chips melt, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add in sour cream, lime rind, fresh lime juice and food colouring (if using) mix well to combine.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Serve with a dollup of whipped cream or Cool Whip and a thin slice of lime.