Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This dessert is easy to prepare and really good! You can use Cool Whip topping in place of the whipping cream if desired. I like to top each slice with a spoonful of crushed pineapple before serving.
Top Review by leilerman
This is extremely close to a recipe my grandmother made for every family gathering. It's soooo good, and well, we won't talk about calories. Yes it has raw eggs. We grew up eating them in foods and never thought a thing about it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup butter, divided and softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine graham wafer crumbs with 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Pat into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes; cool.
- In a bowl, cream 1/2 cup softened butter with icing sugar for about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, beat well until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into cooled crust.
- In a bowl, combine/fold the whipped cream with VERY well drained crushed pineapple.
- Spread over the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.