Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This dessert is easy to prepare and really good! You can use Cool Whip topping in place of the whipping cream if desired. I like to top each slice with a spoonful of crushed pineapple before serving.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 cup butter, divided and softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine graham wafer crumbs with 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Pat into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes; cool.
- In a bowl, cream 1/2 cup softened butter with icing sugar for about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, beat well until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into cooled crust.
- In a bowl, combine/fold the whipped cream with VERY well drained crushed pineapple.
- Spread over the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
This is extremely close to a recipe my grandmother made for every family gathering. It's soooo good, and well, we won't talk about calories. Yes it has raw eggs. We grew up eating them in foods and never thought a thing about it.
Not sure I'd want to make this as it has raw eggs in the finished product.
For taste i would give this 5 stars, but it gave me a really bad tummy ache :( i think it was too much sugar for me. But my boyfriend loved it and he ate the whole thing! so i didn't have to try and eat it myself. i'm a salt lover, he loves sugar...i guess that's maybe why i couldn't stomach it. it was really tasty though!