Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been making these for 25 years, got the recipe from my Dad. Stays ice and crisp.
Make and share this Easy Refrigerator pickles recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 3 onions, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 gallon cucumber, sliced
- Mix sugar, vinegar,salt,spices, DO NOT HEAT.
- Sterilize 3 large jars, (like peanut butter).
- Place one sliced onion in each jar, fill with sliced cucumbers.
- Pour syrup to top ofjar and put on lids.
- Place in refrigerator.
- Ready to eat in 5 days.
- Keeps 1 year in refrigerator.
These were easy to make, and they are delicious and crunchy. Thanks for the recipe -- I'll be using it again.