- 7 cups sliced cucumbers (about 5 medium cucumbers)
- 1 cup sliced fresh sweet onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cucumbers, onion and green pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Pickles will keep for about 3 months in the refrigerator, covered.
- For a different taste, add either garlic, fresh or dried dill, oregano or hot pepper sauce with the celery seed.