Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are very good.
- 7 cups sliced cucumbers (about 5 medium cucumbers)
- 1 cup sliced fresh sweet onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine cucumbers, onion and green pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Pickles will keep for about 3 months in the refrigerator, covered.
- For a different taste, add either garlic, fresh or dried dill, oregano or hot pepper sauce with the celery seed.
I needed to find a recipe for my little cukes as quick as possible and these fit the bill! They went together quick and taste great! Thanks Dancer^!
simple and delicious! i added carrots and used pickluing spice from the store. thanks! i think i'll make my own pickles more often!
I didn't have the green pepper and I replaced the 2 cups of sugar with 1 1/2 Cups of Splenda and I added 1 tsp dried dill weed. These were great!! My husband ate over half of these in one sitting!!!