Top Review by Beth A.
When I first tasted these after 24 hours, I thought they were too sweet. After another 24 hours, they were better. Next time I think I will cut back on the sugar a bit, but over all, very good.
- 6 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar or 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass or crockery bowl alternately layer the sliced cucumbers and onions.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar,vinegar, salt, mustard seed, celery seed, and ground turmeric; bring to boiling, stirring just till sugar is dissolved.
- Pour vinegar mixture atop cucumber-onion mixture; cool slightly.
- Cover tightly.
- REFRIGERATE PICKLES AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE SERVING (recipe says will keep up to one month, but I find they keep a lot longer than that in the individual jars).