Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Be sure to roast extra beets for dinner the night before to make this recipe quick and easy.
- 1 quart beet, roasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, organic
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Bring to a boil: water, vinegar, spices & sugar.
- Peel roasted beets. Cut into quarters or slices. Pack into clean quart jar.
- Pour hot brine over beets in jar. Cover beets completely (add filtered water if needed).
- Store in fridge for 3-4 days, then enjoy.
Very nicely spiced and very tasty
I love making pickled beets and been using the same recipe for years then I came across this one thought I'd give it a try. Wow Im glad I did...love the taste spices are perfect. Thanks for sharing.
This looks very tasty with similar spices to beets I tasted at our local farmers' market. I am roasting beets tonight and have pickled beets on the menu for Wednesday, so this is perfect timing!