Prep 96 hrs
Cook 0 mins
These are wonderful sweet and sour pickle slices. Plan ahead The mixture must be refrigerated for 4 dyas before using and will keep up to 1 month in the refrigerator. The garlic is optional!
- 1419.54 ml thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 large onion, thinly thiced (about 2 cups sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced (optional or to taste)
- 354.88 ml white vinegar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml mustard seeds
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 2.46 ml ground turmeric
- Place half of the cucumber in a large glass bowl then top with half of the onion, then place the remaining cucumber slices on top of the onions.
- Then place the remaining onion slices slices on top.
- Sprinkle the garlic slices (if using) over and around the pickles and onions.
- In a saucepan combine the vinegar with all remaining ingredients; stir well and bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture over the cucumber and onions; bring to room temperature and refrigerate for 4 days before using.
Really tasty! I added some sliced bell peppers, too. The onions and garlic really make these pickles stand out! Thanks for posting! Made for the Spanish forum's Garlic Tag.
Wow! What flavor! I only had one BIG hothouse cucumber to use, so I adjusted the recipe to suit it. I used a quart canning jar to put it all in. Added a couple extra little special ingredients. But the vinegar/sugar mixture with it's spices was SO flavorful. Has that wonderful sweet/sour thing going on. Another winner Kittencal!!!
Easy and good! I halved the recipe and waited 2 days to taste. Thank you Kitten!