Prep 96 hrs
Cook 0 mins
These are wonderful sweet and sour pickle slices. Plan ahead The mixture must be refrigerated for 4 dyas before using and will keep up to 1 month in the refrigerator. The garlic is optional!
- Place half of the cucumber in a large glass bowl then top with half of the onion, then place the remaining cucumber slices on top of the onions.
- Then place the remaining onion slices slices on top.
- Sprinkle the garlic slices (if using) over and around the pickles and onions.
- In a saucepan combine the vinegar with all remaining ingredients; stir well and bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture over the cucumber and onions; bring to room temperature and refrigerate for 4 days before using.
Really tasty! I added some sliced bell peppers, too. The onions and garlic really make these pickles stand out! Thanks for posting! Made for the Spanish forum's Garlic Tag.
Wow! What flavor! I only had one BIG hothouse cucumber to use, so I adjusted the recipe to suit it. I used a quart canning jar to put it all in. Added a couple extra little special ingredients. But the vinegar/sugar mixture with it's spices was SO flavorful. Has that wonderful sweet/sour thing going on. Another winner Kittencal!!!
Thank you for bringing back memories! My mom used to make these when she had too many cukes to can. However, she called them "Preacher Pickles"~