These are wonderful sweet and sour pickle slices. Plan ahead The mixture must be refrigerated for 4 dyas before using and will keep up to 1 month in the refrigerator. The garlic is optional!
- Place half of the cucumber in a large glass bowl then top with half of the onion, then place the remaining cucumber slices on top of the onions.
- Then place the remaining onion slices slices on top.
- Sprinkle the garlic slices (if using) over and around the pickles and onions.
- In a saucepan combine the vinegar with all remaining ingredients; stir well and bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture over the cucumber and onions; bring to room temperature and refrigerate for 4 days before using.