Recipe by Debe
Great recipe if you have to make LOTS of pies at once...and even if you don't; it keeps in the refrigerator a very long time.....makes a very tender and flaky crust......
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble the dry ingredients and shortening by hand or with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add the egg, water and vinegar.
- Mix all together and store in the refrigerator.
- This will keep for a very long time.
- Roll out and bake according to the pie recipe being used.
- Makes 5-6 pies shells.