Recipe by PanNan
My sister-in-law who was born and raised in Mexico City shared this recipe for sprucing up canned refried beans. They taste like you've been cooking them for hours.
Top Review by Kim D.
This recipe really dressed up the plain old can of refried beans! I cut the recipe in half and used a can of jalapeno flavored refried beans. I didn't add any water, because I felt it didn't really need it. These beans had a wonderful flavor! I will definitely be making these again!
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1 ",pieces
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (or Queso Blanco)
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently fry the bacon until near crisp.
- Add onion to the bacon grease and saute until tender.
- Add the refried beans and water.
- Stir and simmer until creamy and heated through.
- Place in a serving bowl and top with shredded cheese.
- The heat of the beans will melt the cheese.
- Serve with hot tortillas and/or tostada chips.