Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve with chips, fill a tortilla or eat plain with some extra cheese.
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Bring beans to a boil in a saucepan.
- Strain liquid and discard.
- Put beans in an electric mixer and mash.
- Stir in onion, butter and salt.
- Return to saucepan and over low heat stir until heated thoroughly.
- Stir in grated cheese.
This recipe was indeed easy to make. To add a little extra zing I used a dash of cumin and hot sauce in it. It complimented Diana Neal's Taco Dorado's #12833 well.
This was the crowning touch to a dinner of chili rellenos and Spanish rice. I was looking for a easy canned bean reicpe without the bacon or lard added. Thanks for a good recipe!
Great! The only thing I did different was to cook 2/3 cup of dry beans per the directions on the bag, and use them instead of a can of beans. Otherwise, followed the recipe, and it turned out fantastic. Thanks.