Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy method ideal for a quick lunch stuffed in a tortilla.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 250 g mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 225 g chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- heat the tbsp of oil in a heavy pan and add onion, garlic and cumin seeds. Gently fry until the onion is soft.
- Add beans, tomatoes and chilli. and cook gently for 15 minutes mashing the beans with a fork. when ready the mixture should be thick and coming away from the sides of the pan.
- Heat the tsp of oil in a fry pan and add the bean mix. Flatten into a cake and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle a little more oil over the top if desired and grill until crispy on top.