1/9 Photos of Easy Red Velvet Cupcakes or Cake
No one will ever guess this is made from a cake mix, cooking time is only estimated, depending on your cake mix baking directions
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 (1 ounce) bottles red food coloring (do not reduce amount!)
- cream cheese frosting (see Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option))
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line 24 regular-size muffin tins with paper or foil liners.
- 3In a large bowl beat the cake mix with baking cocoa, eggs, oil, buttermilk and food colouring for about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- 4Spoon the batter evenly between the muffin tins about two-thirds full.
- 5Bake according to package directions for cupcakes or cake.
- 6Remove from the pans immediately and cool on wire racks.
- 7Spread tops with cream cheese frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Red Velvet Cupcakes or Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 167.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g