This makes the perfect red velvet cake! A double recipe of Kittencal's Best Cream Cheese Frosting (Extra Creamy Option) works great with this cake --- not sure why some members had so much trouble with this cake, for myself it turned out light, moist and wonderful!
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Place the dry cake mix in a large bowl and add in the amount of water suggested on the box, then add in cocoa powder, vinegar, eggs, food colouring and oil; mix all ingredients thoroughly using an electric mixer until well blended.
- Divide into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for for about 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool slightly then invert onto plates, frost as desired.