Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted in response to a request and found in an online search, I have not made this so times are estimates. EDITED TO ADD: Reviewers suggest baking the brownies for a shorter time. Changing baking time from "40-45 mins" to "30-35 mins"... however, I'd suggest checking at 25 mins and then again at 30 mins if you think they need to be baked longer.
- 1 (18 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F; grease 9x13" baking pan.
- Combine egg, butter, water in a large bowl.
- Add box mix, stir until the ingredients are combined and lumps are gone.
- Stir in chips and 1 cup of nuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and place the cake on wire cooling rack.
For a denser brownie omit the egg and melt the chocolate chips prior to their incorporation. This makes a delish cakey brownie as written tho!
These were more cake-like than I would have liked. I did put in the chocolate chips and the tastes was very good.
These were very good. I cooked them for 33 minutes and they were a bit crumbly but not dry at all. I also used white chocolate chips. Thanks!