Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I wanted a change for a holiday meal, something elegant, but not too hard. This was it. Yum!! Serve it with a glass of white wine, some crab cakes and salad or cole slaw and you have a meal to remember. Enjoy!
- This can be done both in the oven or on the grill. My BH and I prefer it on the grill.
- Preheat oven to 350º (if using oven).
- Rub fish inside and out with salt. Set aside.
- Sauté onion and celery in 2 tablespoons butter until soft. Add bacon, bread crumbs, egg, shrimp, salt & pepper; mix well.
- Stuff fish; close with turkey thread, turkey picks, or toothpicks. Place in baking pan and brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Bake 40 minutes.
- If using the grill, I still recommend brushing with butter, and grill 20-25 minutes turning about 4 times as not to break the fish up. Remove picks and enjoy!