2 hrs 20 mins
I am a newbie to cooking and my first success has been this soup! Everyone loves it and now I can't stop making it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil red lentils and water for one hour.
- 2Chop celery, carrots and garlic.
- 3Add stock and water to pot of lentils.
- 4Add celery, carrots and garlic to pot of lentils.
- 5Bring to boil.
- 6Add tomato paste, cayenne pepper and salt.
- 7Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 8Serve the thick, rich soup and enjoy!
- 9Add more or less stock and/or water depending on how thick/thin you like your soup.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Red Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.8
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 603.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 16.5 g