This thick soup is healthy, easy to make and everyone will love it. I make a loaf of quick beer bread and that's a meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pick over lentils and remove any stones. Rinse well.
- 2Heat butter in sauté pan and sauté onion for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add diced celery and carrots and let sweat for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in lentils, add lemon rind, vegetable broth and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 6Roughly blend the soup with stick blender or mash with potato masher, it should not be too smooth.
- 7Check the seasoning and reheat gently.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Red Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 93.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of