Smiling in Texas's Note:
I was trying to duplicate a family friend's recipe who is an excellent cook. I don't know if it's exact, but it came out wonderfully!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat bacon drippings in skillet on medium high.
- 2Add the chili powder and cumin. Stir to incorporate with the bacon drippings.
- 3Cook, constantly stirring, until the spices become dark, almost burnt looking (make sure you watch close so it doesn't really burn!) This only takes about 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add tomato sauce and water, stir thoroughly.
- 5Reduce to medium-low, and allow to come to a slight bubble until thickened.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Red Enchilada Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1015 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 918.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g