Recipe by Smiling in Texas
I was trying to duplicate a family friend's recipe who is an excellent cook. I don't know if it's exact, but it came out wonderfully!
- 4 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat bacon drippings in skillet on medium high.
- Add the chili powder and cumin. Stir to incorporate with the bacon drippings.
- Cook, constantly stirring, until the spices become dark, almost burnt looking (make sure you watch close so it doesn't really burn!) This only takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and water, stir thoroughly.
- Reduce to medium-low, and allow to come to a slight bubble until thickened.