1/3 Photos of Easy Red Beans & Rice With Sausage
This recipe is a one dish meal. It's so easy to throw together and the cooking time just depends on the kind of rice you use. The flavor is great and this is easy to modify should you need to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1 (14 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can light kidney beans
- 2 cups chicken broth (seasoned is best)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons cayenne seasoning
- 2 teaspoons louisiana hot sauce, to taste
- 1 cup white rice (instant or not) or 1 cup brown rice (instant or not)
- 1Cut sausage into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2Lightly brown.
- 3Add vegetables.
- 4Simmer 5-7 minutes.
- 5Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce to simmer, cover with a tight fitting lid, and cook until rice is done.
- 7**NOTE** The cayenne seasoning mentioned is NOT straight cayenne pepper. Try one of the seasonings such as Tony Cachere's or Emeril's cajun seasoning. Sorry for any miscommunication.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Red Beans & Rice With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.2
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 1125.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: