Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy way to make a spectacular supper.
- 1 (25 ounce) packagefrozen cheese ravioli
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup provolone cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook and drain ravioli as directed on package.
- While ravioli is cooking, mix crushed tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups of the tomato mixture in an ungreased rectangular baking dish, 11x7x1-1/2 inches.
- Top with ravioli.
- Pour remaining tomato mixture over the ravioli.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until hot.
This was pretty tasty and certainly a change from simple marinara sauce. I used dried basil, but fresh would have been much better! Also added some garlic. I think that next time I may add some artichokes and maybe fennel or anise.
Excellent recipe, Mirj! So very easy to prepare with excellent results! I used tortellini instead of ravioli, fresh basil, and doubled up on the mozzarella (we like cheese!). I just know I will be preparing this a lot! Thank you so much for posting this recipe for us to share!