Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Found this out of a supermarket cookbook. It's one my children really love.
Make and share this Easy Ravioli Bake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Spray bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch pan with Pam.
- Spread 3/4 cups pasta sauce in the baking dish.
- Arrange 1/2 the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the sauce; top with 1/2 the remaining pasta sauce and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat these layers starting with the ravioli.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake uncovered 15-20 minutes more until bubbly and hot in the center.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
I thought this dish was good, however, I didn't think it was worth the extra effort involved in the preparation work of layering the dish. It also took a lot longer to bake vs. just boiling the pasta. It only seemed to slightly change the texture but it still tasted very similar to the standard method of preparation. Since the standard method is much faster I don't see any reason to differ. The only advantage of this type of recipe would probably be if you were taking it to a gathering or if you added in some crumbled meat and other ingredients to make it into a casserole. Thanks for posting!!!
I used the Costco spinach & cheese ravioli and added shredded zucchini and carrots to the spaghetti sauce. Serve with a tossed salad and garlic toast and it's a winner! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
This is an easy and fast go to meal that can be out of the freezer and pantry and on the table with minimal effort yet great taste! Easy to incorporate some veggies in here too like frozen spinach or chopped carrots, etc... Thanks for a great meal that is easy on the chef! Made for Cookathon for kzbhansen! Stay strong and be well my friend!