Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adaptation of my original creation Easy Santa Fe Tiramisu. I needed a dessert recipe for Italian day while teaching the 2013 cooking elective at my daughter's charter school and I liked the idea of a tiramisu. I felt this was a good recipe for 3rd-5th graders to put together and enjoy, so I altered it to exclude the coffee, and appropriately renamed it a trifle.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen pound cake (I use Sara Lee brand)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 (8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars (we'll only use a couple ounces of it)
- Cut pound cake into 1 inch cubes, set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then stir in crushed Oreos.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- In a13x9x2 in baking dish (or a tall sided glass trifle bowl), layer half of the pound cake, 1 cup of berries, half of the cream cheese mixture and half of the chocolate shavings. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining raspberries.
- Refrigerate until serving time or overnight.