Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the easiest and best (and only) sorbet I've ever made! (I'm not sure it should count as a recipe and I can't remember where I got the idea, but it's a good one!) No ice cream maker required! (Can also be done with other berries/fruits.)
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen unsweetened raspberries, still frozen
- mint sprig (optional)
- sugar (optional) or shortbread cookie (optional)
- Put 1/2 of the raspberries in a food processor (or 1/8 of the raspberries in a blender) and pulse until pureed.
- Put the raspberry mush into a plastic container and continue with the next batch of raspberries.
- Freeze the container for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out the sorbet and serve!
- Great with sugar cookies or shortbread and garnished with fresh mint.
I wanted to love this, but just thought it was ok. I made a mixed berry sorbet to use up the different opened bags of berries in my freezer. I had a really hard time getting it to puree; it really just made icy stuff. I think a little liquid would have made it easier to combine. I also found mine to be a bit bitter and would definitely add a little sweetner next time. We ate this as an icy fruit slush with some cool-whip on top. Thanks for a healthy way to get a fruit serving!