Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
So easy and so good! 8)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In medium bowl using mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour mixture until well-blended.
- Beat in the oats with a wooden spoon (dough should be crumbly).
- Press half of the dough into pan.
- Spread jam over it.
- Crumble the remaining dough over jam and pat lightly to cover.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- While warm, cut into bars and remove from pan.
This is a great recipe. The recipe I have calls for 1 1/2c of Ap flour and a 10oz jar of red raspberry preserves and thats how I make it and bake it for 25 min. I have found that placing it in the fridge helps it set better. Thanks for posting!
These were very good, but I could not have used the whole cup of jam! whew! maybe 3/4 c would have been good.