Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had a craving for a sweet breakfast goodie, and with just a few ingredients came up with this...it was an instant hit at our breakfast table!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons raspberry spreadable fruit (adj qty to personal desire)
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll Crescent Rolls, but DO NOT separate into triangle pieces.
- Separate in half, to create to short, wide pieces.
- Pinch perforated areas of dough together on both sides of the two pieces.
- Use rolling pin or side of plastic (acrylic) cup to thin out dough, just a little.
- Spread approximate 1 tablespoon of fruit spread over one piece of dough, ensure even distribution over dough and leave ONE inch of dough free of spread on long edge (to allow with movement of fruit spread during next step). Adjust amount to personal taste, a personal note -- using too much gets quite messy.
- Roll dough towards side free of fruit spread.
- Cut dough roll into 6 even pieces.
- Place on cookie sheet, cooking stone or in cake pan with at least 1" separation.
- In small bowl, place confectioner's sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Wisk together.
- Add additional milk or sugar to reach desired consistency.
- After removing rolls from oven, drizzle glaze over rolls (or apply with basting brush).