Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Light and Berry creamy! Cook time is chill time. This is a great filler for a trifle layering with chocolate or vanilla cake and a layer of whipped cream and or berries.
- 1 pie crust
- 283.49 g raspberry preserves
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 170.09 g cream cheese, softened
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- fresh raspberry (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out pastry to 11" circle; line 9" pie plate.
- Trim and flute edges; prick bottom and sides with fork.
- Bake 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream in small bowl on High until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese almond and vanilla in medium bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in fruit spread, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Reserve 1/2 c of whipped cream for garnish; fold remaining whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until no white streaks remain.
- Spread evenly into cooled pie crust.
- Chill at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Just before serving, spoon reserved whipped cream around edge of pie.
- Garnish with raspberries.
I am a very novice baker. This was my first attempt to do anything that didn't come straight out of a box... so when I say this was a breeze, you know it was. It was also absolutely delicious. We're not big almond fans, so I omitted the almond extract. I barely got more than a bite of this one. My only regret is not making two!
An easy way to have a delicious, light, but righ, raspberry pie without the seeds. I used seedless raspberry preserves and whipped only 1 cup of heavy cream for filling, as that's all I had. I used Cool Whip around top edge of pie. The pie was delicious and generously filled a regular pie shell. If using 2 cups heavy cream, you might need a deep dish pie shell. I love almonds but am not fond of almond extract, so next time I will omit ingredient. Thanks, Rita, for an easy raspberry pie recipe.
This is very good and easy to make. The raspberry preserves worked fine with the cream and cream cheese to create that wonderful berry flavor.