Recipe by Rita~
Light and Berry creamy! Cook time is chill time. This is a great filler for a trifle layering with chocolate or vanilla cake and a layer of whipped cream and or berries.
Top Review by amesagain
I am a very novice baker. This was my first attempt to do anything that didn't come straight out of a box... so when I say this was a breeze, you know it was. It was also absolutely delicious. We're not big almond fans, so I omitted the almond extract. I barely got more than a bite of this one. My only regret is not making two!
- 1 pie crust
- 10 ounces raspberry preserves
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh raspberry (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out pastry to 11" circle; line 9" pie plate.
- Trim and flute edges; prick bottom and sides with fork.
- Bake 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream in small bowl on High until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese almond and vanilla in medium bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- Blend in fruit spread, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Reserve 1/2 c of whipped cream for garnish; fold remaining whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until no white streaks remain.
- Spread evenly into cooled pie crust.
- Chill at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Just before serving, spoon reserved whipped cream around edge of pie.
- Garnish with raspberries.