Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine served this tasty dish at a Newcomer's meeting. A crowd favorite and easy to make! Easy to use the food processor to mix the ingredients.
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces grated mild cheese, of choice
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Hellmans or Best Foods)
- raspberry preserves
- Mix first 6 ingredients.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- Spread on platter or large plate.
- top with raspberry preserves.
- Serve with crackers.
LOVE this cheese ball. It sounds weird, but it comes together so nice, with the sweetness from the preserves, and the nuttiness from the pecans. THANKS!! :-)
GREAT DIP & a definite keeper! I did use toasted pecans & only a dash of Tabasco sauce & lots of the raspberry preserves! This is a wonderful addition to my aray of dips & spreads! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]
Lovely appy! Makes a pretty plate. Will make this again. Made for PAC Fall '07.