Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a fast, easy recipe for a moist, fruity coffee cake. I have used blackberries instead of raspberries with good results. From a magazine clipping. Does not include the time needed to cool cake.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- powdered sugar
- fresh raspberry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 in square baking pan with foil; extend foil 2 in over 2 opposite sides. With cooking spray. Flour foil and tap out excess.
- In a large bowl cream butter and 1 cup sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla, lemon juice and zest. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk and beat until blended. Gently fold in raspberries, a rubber spatula works well.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan 10 minutes. Lift cake from pan by foil and place on a rack to cool completely.
- Remove foil and place cake on a serving plate. Garnish with powdered sugar and fresh raspberries.