Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick and easy gourmet-tasting cookie bar!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- Set oven to 350°.
- Combine Flour, Sugar, Walnuts, Butter and Egg in large bowl.
- Beat on low speed for 2 minutes, or until mixture is crumbly.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of Crumb Mixture for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture in botom of 11" x 7" baking pan.
- Stir Raspberry Preserves until smooth; spread over crumb crust, to within 1/2" of sides of pan.
- Crumble the 1-1/2 cups of reserved mixture over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely and cut into small bars.
Made these bars for my wedding cookie favor bags and they were great. You can cut them into hearts or circles using a biscuit cutter.
these were not a huge success favor wise in my family.... sorry The dough tasted too doughy for them.
These bars are very easy to make and very good. I even forgot to put in the egg, (which I am known to always leave out something because I am in a hurry), but they held together and still tasted great. I made these for a bunch of police officers for their training day and needless to say none were left. I will definitely make these again. I will be sure and put in the egg and see if it really makes a lot of difference. Vesta, Grass Valley, Ca.