Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very simple and mostly store bought version of an easy lunch.
- 15 ounces ranch style beans
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water, for beans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Start by melting the butter in the pot along with a small amount of salt.
- Once melted add water and heat until it is almost to a boil.
- Add the rice and heat about 15 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed.
- In a separate pot pour the can of beans in and heat.
- Add the additional 2 tbsp of water so that the sauce has a good consistency.
- When finished cooking both items remove from heat.
- On a serving plate mix the two right before serving it.