Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another pool party favorite. It is very easy and quick to make yet very flavorful and real tasty It is perfect for a hot summer day or any day for that matter. The recipe can be adapted to suit your individual tastes by making additions or deletions. Feel free to experiment with whatever you have on hand.
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 lbs small red potatoes (boiled & cubed)
- 4 -5 slices bacon, fried crisp and then crumbled (or use Hormel bacon pieces (about 1/2 jar)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- Combine dressing mix with mayonnaise and water.
- You may also use the bottled Ranch dressing.
- in place of the Ranch mix, mayo,& water.
- Add potatoes, celery, bacon, and onions.
- Toss to coat.
I really detest making potato salads and have only made a few in my lifetime. This fits the bill exactly for me and is a Godsend.Thanks to the contributor..................like red potatoes with skin left on.
I made thing for my step-son's birthday party Saturday. I doubled it and left out the bacon because he is a vegetarian. The whole bowl was gone. Next time, I might not put in a whole packet of the ranch dressing. Thanks
Wonderful! To me, eggs and potato salad don't mix, and I tried this recipe, because it didn't have hard boilled eggs in it, as so many of them do. Everyone was fighting over this, I think next time I better make 2 batches. I made this recipe to the letter, except added just a little salt and pepper. Thanks for sharing it.