Recipe by Angela3
My kids love this recipe. It's flavorful and yet easy to make. I place baked potatoes in oven at the same time. Then use the rest of the dry ranch to make topping for the potatoes or salad.
Top Review by Jennifer Michele
Very very good recipe. Next time though, I think that I will pound the breasts down a bit to give more surface area for the coating. Also, despite the sodium in the ranch mix, I found that the chicken needed some salt. Maybe that would be a bit different though if I used thinner breasts. Try using the leftover mix on potatoes with a bit of oil and roast with the chicken. Yum!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- cracker (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ranch dressing, salt, pepper and dry bread crumbs in 1 quart storage bag.
- Beat 2 eggs in bowl.
- Rinse and dredge chicken through egg then place in bag and shake until completely covered.
- Place in buttered 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- Place a pat of butter on top of chicken.
- Cook at 375°F for 1 hour.
- Note: Can use already prepared ranch dressing.
- Omit eggs and dredge through dressing and then trough dry bread crumbs or crackers.
- Also can put crackers in dry bread crumbs to make crispier coating.
- Time may vary depending on the size of the breasts.