Prep 7 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a family favorite! the raisins cook up plump and soft, and the lemon balances with the fruit's sweetness and best of all it's easy to make. This is a must served with ham!
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a saucepan, combine first three ingredients.
- Stir in water, raisins, vinegar, lemon juice until blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mins or until thickened.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Serve warm over sliced ham.
Just as advertised - easy, quick and very tasty. I made exactly as posted and we all enjoyed it.
Very good! Just like my Mom used to make when I was a kid. After having prepared this sauce many times, I've found that adding a little more brown sugar suits my taste. I'd give this recipe more than 5 stars if I could! Thank you for posting!
I LIKE RAISINS, & am always on the lookout for additional raisin sauce variations! This one is GREAT, & I found that it goes well, not only with ham, but also with chicken [believe it or not!] as well as with my own Recipe #204267! Another time, I might EXclude the mustard & vinegar & sweeten it just a little more to find out how it'll go on ice cream & pound cake!! Thanks much for this great recipe!