Recipe by Hollyism
I got this recipe from the latest Everyday Food magazine. It sounded too easy to resist and it really was! It has just the right amount of sweetness. Yummy!
Top Review by luvinlif2k
Easier than you think and yummy too! I mistakenly added all the dry ingredients to the same bowl as the soaking raisin bran (instead of the bowl beside it). I mixed them up a bit after the 5 minutes for soaking then added the remaining ingredients. These turned out just fine though my raisin bran was a bit short on raisins. Thanks for a keeper! Next time I may add extra raisins.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a 6 cup standard muffin tin, or use paper liners. In a medium bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together flours baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir oil, egg, and sugar into cereal mixture. Fold in flour mixture. Divide batter among cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in tin 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack; let cool completely, or serve warm. Store up to 5 days at room temperature in a resealable plastic bag.