Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from the latest Everyday Food magazine. It sounded too easy to resist and it really was! It has just the right amount of sweetness. Yummy!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a 6 cup standard muffin tin, or use paper liners. In a medium bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together flours baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir oil, egg, and sugar into cereal mixture. Fold in flour mixture. Divide batter among cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in tin 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack; let cool completely, or serve warm. Store up to 5 days at room temperature in a resealable plastic bag.
Easier than you think and yummy too! I mistakenly added all the dry ingredients to the same bowl as the soaking raisin bran (instead of the bowl beside it). I mixed them up a bit after the 5 minutes for soaking then added the remaining ingredients. These turned out just fine though my raisin bran was a bit short on raisins. Thanks for a keeper! Next time I may add extra raisins.