Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A perfect time to experiment again with Quinoa, that wonderful super food.
Make and share this Easy Quinoa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sugar snap pea
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- In a mini processor, combine the basil, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese until the basil is pureed.
- With the motor running, pour the oil through the opening and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, pour into a small bowl, and set aside.
- Rinse your quinoa in cold water. In a saucepan, over medium heat, bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 to 15 minutes. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove lid, let cool and fluff with a fork.
- In large bowl, combine quinoa, peppers,green onions, peas, cranberries and almonds.
- Spoon on the vinaigrette and gently toss together. Taste to adjust seasoning.