Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These cookies are so easy and so delicious! You start with a quick bread mix and come out with a soft, not too sweet piece of heaven! My mom made these for years for our Christmas cookie tray and now I am taking over the tradition!
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) boxpillsbury nut bread mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup apricot preserves (or jam, seedless works best) or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves (or jam, seedless works best)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix the nut bread mix with the milk and cream cheese to form a dough.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Make an indentation in the center of the ball with your thumb and place 1/2 teaspoon of preserves or jam into the indentation.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheet then remove to rack to cool completely.
- Glaze: Melt butter in microwave safe bowl then add vanilla and hot water. Mix in powedered sugar and stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cookies in a back and forth manner to create glazed stripes on top of the cookies. Allow glaze to harden -- Enjoy!