Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a variation of a cake served at my stepson's wedding. It's like a strawberry shortcake with icing! You can use Classic White icing or vanilla, your choice. It's just a quick recipe and very yummy.
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour cake pans.
- Mix and bake cake mix according to directions on box.
- Use 2 - 8" or 9" round cake pans.
- Wash strawberries immediately before using and slice very thin.
- On bottom cake, spread a layer of strawberry glaze over the top portion of the cake--not the sides.
- Cover top portion of cake with thinly sliced strawberries. DO NOT OVERLAP, lay them side by side.
- Lay 2nd cake on top of the other one, and start spreading white icing on top and sides of cake.
- Decorate top of cake with whole fresh strawberries.