This is a variation of a cake served at my stepson's wedding. It's like a strawberry shortcake with icing! You can use Classic White icing or vanilla, your choice. It's just a quick recipe and very yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease/flour cake pans.
- 2Mix and bake cake mix according to directions on box.
- 3Use 2 - 8" or 9" round cake pans.
- 4Wash strawberries immediately before using and slice very thin.
- 5On bottom cake, spread a layer of strawberry glaze over the top portion of the cake--not the sides.
- 6Cover top portion of cake with thinly sliced strawberries. DO NOT OVERLAP, lay them side by side.
- 7Lay 2nd cake on top of the other one, and start spreading white icing on top and sides of cake.
- 8Decorate top of cake with whole fresh strawberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy & Quick Strawberry Wedding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.1
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 351.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: