Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the easiest cake to make- simply mix all ingredients and bake. It is a never fail recipe. This cake tastes great and never lasts long in my household. It is a light cake that tastes like a sponge. As with all GF cakes it is best eaten on the day of baking
- Mix all ingredients together and use medium speed on mix master to beat for 5 minutes.
- Line bottom of a greased round cake tin.
- Pour mixture into tin and bake at 180 degrees for approx 30 minutes.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Ice as desired or dust with GF icing sugar.
- Use orange juice and add the zest of one orange in place of the milk.
- Use lemon juice and zest in place of the milk.
- Add 1/4 cup of cocoa for a chocolate cake.
- Make two cakes and sandwich with jam and cream for use as a double sponge birthday cake.
Made for My 3 Chefs. Great GF cake. Very quick and easy and good as well. Frosted with Smooth and Creamy Chocolate Frosting. Reminded me of Boston Creme Pie! Best birthday cake I've had in years. Thanks for posting this Julie!