Recipe by **Jubes**
This is the easiest cake to make- simply mix all ingredients and bake. It is a never fail recipe. This cake tastes great and never lasts long in my household. It is a light cake that tastes like a sponge. As with all GF cakes it is best eaten on the day of baking
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for My 3 Chefs. Great GF cake. Very quick and easy and good as well. Frosted with recipe #281320. Reminded me of Boston Creme Pie! Best birthday cake I've had in years. Thanks for posting this Julie!
- 125 g butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour, use a gluten free mix
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornstarch (cornflour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄4 cup milk (can substitute soy milk, lactose free or orange juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and use medium speed on mix master to beat for 5 minutes.
- Line bottom of a greased round cake tin.
- Pour mixture into tin and bake at 180 degrees for approx 30 minutes.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Ice as desired or dust with GF icing sugar.
- Use orange juice and add the zest of one orange in place of the milk.
- Use lemon juice and zest in place of the milk.
- Add 1/4 cup of cocoa for a chocolate cake.
- Make two cakes and sandwich with jam and cream for use as a double sponge birthday cake.