Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a super good quick lunch. Or sometimes I double the recipe and have it for supper with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable. I found this an a Campbells cookbook.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can turkey gravy
- 1⁄3 lb deli turkey, sliced
- 4 slices French bread
- In skillet, melt butter.
- Add carrots, onion, celery, and spices.
- Cook on med until tender.
- Stir in gravy.
- Heat to boiling; add turkey and heat through.
- Place bread slices on serving plates.
- Divide turkey and gravy evenly among bread slices.
Fantastic sandwich! I used sliced garlic/parmesan French bread and skipped the thyme. It came together really fast and I will make it again. Thanks so much for posting!!