Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh, how my mother and I adore a good chicken salad sandwich, but the mayonnaise can be bit heavy at times. This recipe is super-easy and quick and really tastes gourmet. No one will be able to guess how simple it is!
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 118.29 ml sour cream (can use lowfat if desired)
- 44.37 ml light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml sodium-free seasoning
- 44.37 ml sweet pickles, chopped (optional)
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped (optional)
- 3 whole grain buns or 6 slice whole wheat bread
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- remove meat from chicken and cut into little chunks. i only use breast meat, but feel free to use dark meat also if you prefer.
- mix together remaining ingredients in bowl.
- fold in chicken.
- spread a bit of dijon mustard on whole wheat bread or bun, put some chicken salad on there along with with lettuce and tomato.
Great easy and quick recipe. Better for you than a mayo based chicken salad. We found that it was a bit creamy with the stated sour cream amount. So reducing that will make it less creamy and better in my opinion. Other than that, it was fantastic!
Found this to be a sensational recipe!! This will soothe your taste buds, especially if your'e not fond of mayo. Also trying some fresh fruit on the side is a bonus for those who want to eat healthy!!
great sandwich! i have to admit, i felt a bit so so about it when i tasted it from the bowl, but once i added the bread and the lettuce -- fabulous! made for PAC fall 2008.