Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh, how my mother and I adore a good chicken salad sandwich, but the mayonnaise can be bit heavy at times. This recipe is super-easy and quick and really tastes gourmet. No one will be able to guess how simple it is!
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 118.29 ml sour cream (can use lowfat if desired)
- 44.37 ml light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml sodium-free seasoning
- 44.37 ml sweet pickles, chopped (optional)
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped (optional)
- 3 whole grain buns or 6 slice whole wheat bread
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- remove meat from chicken and cut into little chunks. i only use breast meat, but feel free to use dark meat also if you prefer.
- mix together remaining ingredients in bowl.
- fold in chicken.
- spread a bit of dijon mustard on whole wheat bread or bun, put some chicken salad on there along with with lettuce and tomato.
Found this to be a sensational recipe!! This will soothe your taste buds, especially if your'e not fond of mayo. Also trying some fresh fruit on the side is a bonus for those who want to eat healthy!!
Great easy and quick recipe. Better for you than a mayo based chicken salad. We found that it was a bit creamy with the stated sour cream amount. So reducing that will make it less creamy and better in my opinion. Other than that, it was fantastic!
great sandwich! i have to admit, i felt a bit so so about it when i tasted it from the bowl, but once i added the bread and the lettuce -- fabulous! made for PAC fall 2008.