Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy Chicken Curry made in a skillet. From a Rachel Ray Episode. Yummy!
- 1 cup jasmine rice or 1 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, plus an additional splash, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Prepare the rice.
- While the rice is cooking, combine the scallions, ginger, garlic, chili pepper, cilantro, curry powder and a splash of the chicken broth in a small bowl and process into a paste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the oil. Add the chicken to the pan and brown, 2-3 minutes. Add the spice paste and stir for 1 minute to combine. Add the peanut butter to the pan and whisk in the broth. Bring to a bubble and whisk in the yogurt; lower the heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Serve over the rice.