Recipe by Toffiffeezz
These are super easy, super quick buns. I get requests to take them everywhere we go. They are great for those last minute dinner guests, or a nice surprise for breakfast. They freeze well, and make excellent toast. This recipe is a combo of my grandmothers recipe and a few others, all tweaked to make a fast, easy, soft, fluffy bun.
Top Review by TinaS.
Great recipe, wish I could give it 10 stars!<br/>I altered it a bit, I used almond milk, reduced the sugar to a 1/4 cup, increased the salt to 2 and a half teaspoons and only used 4 cups of flour.<br/>I used coconut oil to grease the bowl and baked it on parchment paper (no need to grease)<br/>Came out really light and fluffy, thank you for posting!
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast (2 8g packages)
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 2 C flour& yeast in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, heat milk, water, oil, sugar& salt to lukewarm in microwave.
- Add all at once to flour mixture and beat till smooth. (Approx 2 mins in a Kitchenaid stand mixer).
- Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough (2 - 2 1/2 Cups).
- Mix well until dough is soft and slightly sticky, then turn out onto floured surface and let rest under a large greased bowl for about 15 minutes.
- Shape dough into 12-15 small balls and place on greased baking sheet to rise until doubled in size. (approx 45 Mins).
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 12-15 minutes.