Recipe by dgpat
I invented this because I cook a lot at work and I like to try new things - Everyone likes this - it also works well with a lamb roast - but not so good with beef -
Top Review by Shandobando
How have I never discovered this little trick with a pork roast? Truth be told I only followed temperature/time directions for a mini roast. I used a 1.75 lb mini roast, slathered it in olive oil, seasoned it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lots of ground sage. Did 15 mins @ 525 which created a beautiful caramelized crust on the exterior of the roast, then finished it off for 20 mins @ 325. Let rest for about 10 minutes while I finished off my couscous and broccolini. I sliced the roast, drizzled the juices over the plated slices and viola! We had a 5 star meal in under an hour!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Make xs into the pork roast all over and put the garlic on- you will have to use your hands to rub the garlic into the xs and all over the roast.
- Sprinkle the pepper over the roast and garlic.
- Cook at 525 for 30-40 minutes (it may smoke- you may have to turn the fan on) then lower and cook at 325 for another 30-40 minutes.
- This is the best pork roast ever- and in a SHORT time with little fuss- I do dinners and parties and I have had people come into the kitchen to tell me that this was the BEST pork they have ever had.
- I live alone, so when I do this at home, I use a pork tenderloin (about 1-1/2 lbs) and cut the time to 15-20 minutes for each temp.
- If you arent sure- you might want to try this for the first time with a tenderloin- my grocery store has them buy one get two free almost once a month!
- But this is GOOD!