Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I invented this because I cook a lot at work and I like to try new things - Everyone likes this - it also works well with a lamb roast - but not so good with beef -
- Make xs into the pork roast all over and put the garlic on- you will have to use your hands to rub the garlic into the xs and all over the roast.
- Sprinkle the pepper over the roast and garlic.
- Cook at 525 for 30-40 minutes (it may smoke- you may have to turn the fan on) then lower and cook at 325 for another 30-40 minutes.
- This is the best pork roast ever- and in a SHORT time with little fuss- I do dinners and parties and I have had people come into the kitchen to tell me that this was the BEST pork they have ever had.
- I live alone, so when I do this at home, I use a pork tenderloin (about 1-1/2 lbs) and cut the time to 15-20 minutes for each temp.
- If you arent sure- you might want to try this for the first time with a tenderloin- my grocery store has them buy one get two free almost once a month!
- But this is GOOD!
This was delicious!!! We left out the pepper, but studded our 1.75 lb. pork roast with slivered garlic (5 cloves), baking it for about an hour until it reached an internal temperature of 185 degrees fahrenheit. Even my picky son (9) raved about it -- thank you!!!