1/8 Photos of Easy & Quick Amish Bread
1 hr 30 mins
I have had this recipe for at least 10 years, it was given to my by my mom after i got married but i just started making this about a year ago when i got pregnant with my second child and only wanted fresh homemade baked bread.. this bread is awesome. I make at least 4 loaves a week for my family. It is the simplest bread recipe i have and the tastiest . 1 loaf is usually gone hours after it comes out of the oven. Now here is the thing I am NOT avid baker, if its too complicated i screw it up, so this recipe in my book is fool proof..... If you make it and it doesn't come out.. you did something out of order ,... it is not the recipe.... follow the mixing directions exactly.. good baking and enjoy..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I use a mixer with a dough hook but it is just as easy to mix by hand if you don't have one.
- 2Proof the dough in a warm draft free place, I turn the stove on warm (150 F) when the yeast is proofing the turn off when I add the flour.
- 4In your mixer bowl pour warm water and sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 5After sugar dissolves stir in yeast and allow the yeast to proof until yeast gets to a creamy foamy state. about 5-10 minutes max. depending on how warm the water is.
- 6After yeast proofs mix in oil and salt into the yeast.
- 7mix in flour 1 cup at a time, after all four has been mixed(6c.) it it will still be a little sticky. do not add more flour to the mixer.
- 8Turn bread out onto a well floured surface an knead until smooth .
- 9Place dough in a well oiled bowl and turn dough to coat with oil.
- 10Cover bowl with a damp cloth/towel and allow dough to rise in a warm place and double in size. about 1 hour.
- 11After dough doubled punch center down and tun onto your floured surface again an knead for a few minutes, and then divide the dough n 1/2 and shape into loaves .
- 12Place the 2 loaves in well oiled bread pans and let rise a second time for about 30-45 minutes, until dough rises about 1-2 inches above the pans. If you happen to forget about them an they rise higher , no harm you just will have a bigger loaf.
- 13I proof them in the oven the then just turn the heat on.
- 14Bake a 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy & Quick Amish Bread
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g