- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells or 2 (8 inch) frozen pie crusts, regular
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 ounces plain yogurt
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill crust(s) with dry beans or marbles and bake 10 minutes.
- Combine eggs and yogurt, set aside.
- Sweat onions in butter or oil, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Put bacon and onion into crust(s), pour egg mixture over, sprinkle cheddar on top.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 40 minutes.
- Note: If you want to freeze quiche, bake only 20 minutes. Cool, package and freeze.
- To finish, bring to room temperature and finish baking at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Serve lukewarm/room temperature.
- Feel free to add cooked broccoli, spinach, ham, artichoke hearts, crab, or whatever you want, Bear in mind though, the additions increase the amount of the filling. You may need more crusts!